What is an All-Flash array?
This new EMC XtremIO is an all-Flash Array, also referred to as a SSA or Solid State Array, is data storage that contains multiple Flash memory drives. When the term “All-Flash Array” is used, it is generally compared to other data storage such as spinning media, or more recently, Hybrid Flash Arrays, which are a combination of spinning media and Flash. However, All-Flash storage contains no moving parts, which means significantly less heat generated, less power utilised, and less maintenance.
From a functional standpoint, All-Flash technology (and the Flash array in general) provides vastly superior performance; fewer spikes in latency, better disaster recovery, support of real-time analytics, much faster data transfer rates, and the ability to free IT staff to focus on other tasks. All-Flash Arrays provide the foundation for next-generation business applications, and the All-Flash data center.
Unique and Powerful Benefits
Powered by Intel® Xeon® processors, XtremIO offers the ability to consolidate multiple tier-1 workloads on a single platform that delivers predictable consistent performance at sub-millisecond response time. XtremIO also delivers linear scale-out performance with inline all the data services and copy data management. You’ll be able to react and respond internally and to opportunities – in no time.
- Linear scale-out performance – always consistent, sub-millisecond
- Mixed-workload consolidation across production/non-production and workflow applications
- Incredibly easy to use – nothing to configure or tune
- Exceed the toughest SLAs for consolidated and growing workloads
- Enable real-time analytics and agile dev/test
- Self-service operations for infrastructure and application teams
- Unparalleled array-based copy data management
- Data-center-driven business innovation
- Up to 50% lower OPEX and CAPEX
- 2x longer storage product lifecycles
Call the EMC Storage team on +44 (0)1293 400 720 to discuss your requirements